- Submitting an email inquiry
- Subscribing to newsletters
- Submitting comments on blog posts
- Downloading free content such as e-books or other resources
- Purchasing products or services
You are legally required to have one if your blog collects any type of personal user data in certain countries around the world.
- Information about cookies the site uses and why. For example, does the site only use session cookies (cookies that expire once you close your browser) or does it use persistent cookies (cookies that have a long expiration date)?
- Information about whether or not data collected will be shared with any other companies
- How users can request access to their own personal data
- The categories of personal data your company collects
- The purpose for which your company collects or processes the data
- How long the information is stored
- Clear and understandable- Keep the legal jargon at a minimum.
- Concise – so it is not hard to read.
- Written in plain English – so that it is clear what you are telling your customers/users what information you take from them, why you take it and how you use it.
- Written in active language – so that it addresses the user directly and gives them clear instructions about their rights.
- Easy to find on your website – so that users can easily access it when they want to.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment