Membership Terms and Conditions
When you create a membership, you’ll need to have guidelines to make sure your members cooperate. Not only that, your membership needs to outline how people can terminate their membership. When you create a membership, you’re storing all of your content and intellectual property on a platform for people to consume. You don’t want your members to take your content and try to sell it themselves. This membership terms and conditions contract template will protect you and hold your members liable, if they don’t follow the rules.
Subscriptions and memberships are the new black. Most online business owners have one or thinking about creating one. But you don't want to leave your membership vulnerable to threat. That's why we created terms and conditions that you can pop into your membership platform, so that it's clear on what is tolerated and what is not. It will also limit your liability in the cases that members follow your content and may not get the results they desire.
Here's what's inside the membership terms and conditions contract template:
- Refund policy
- Ownership of content so that members don't blatantly steal from you (it happens often but this gives you a level of protection)
- Sharing passwords and what will happen if they do this
- What you get when you enter the membership
- How to terminate the membership (and what happens to the membership access and money if they do it mid month)
- What happens if someone doesn't follow your guidelines
- Community guidelines so that you can have a membership where everyone feels safe
And much more!
If you have a course, then use the course terms and conditions contract template.
If you need general website terms and conditions, then use the website terms and conditions contract template.
Note: Once you have completed your template, it is best to have a business attorney review your contract because every state has different contract laws. This template is based on United States law.
Disclaimer: This template is not legal advice and is for educational purposes only—neither the purchase of this template nor the included information form an attorney-client relationship.
Refund policy: There is a 7-day money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason. No refunds will be given after 7 days.