Independent Contractor Contract Template
$255.00 — or $155.00 / month for 2 months
Do you work with independent contractors often? You need to make sure that your independent contractor agreement doesn’t hold them out to be an employee, because you’re on dangerous ground if it does. And you don’t even know it.
While you are working with contractors, there are many factors that can lend them to becoming an employee. At that point, you may be held responsible for things such as workers compensation and unemployment. This contract template makes it clear that they are an independent contractor and not your employee.
Independent contractors and employees are treated differently according to the laws. An independent contractor is someone who is able to control how they get any work done that is assigned.
Consequences of misclassifying an employee and independent contractor contract template:
- A $50 fine for each unfiled W-2 form
- Criminal and monetary penalties from failing to withhold income taxes
- Fines associated with not having an I-9 form on record for that worker.
The Contract Template Includes:
- Instant access so you can use it TODAY.
- A customizable service clause
- Consequences for late payments, including late fees.
- Contractor-client relationship termination clause.
- An independent-contractor clause to clearly explain the contractor-client relationship, i.e., what you do and don't do for them.
- A confidentiality agreement so that all company secrets are safe.
- An optional refund policy.
- A procedure and expectation about if you have to go to court, who pays attorney's fees.
- An optional mediation-arbitration clause if you decide court isn't the first step if a party breaches the contract.
- …and so much more!
Note: This generalized contract template addresses issues that independent contractors may encounter with clients. Once you have completed your template, it is good to have a business attorney review your contract because every state has different contract laws. This template is based on United States law.
Disclaimer: This template is not legal advice and is for educational purposes only—neither the purchase of this template nor the included information form an attorney-client relationship.
Refund policy: There is a 7-day money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied for any reason. No refunds will be given after 7 days.